Easy vegan chocolate brownies made with cocoa powder and almond milk. This simple plant-based dessert recipe is chocolate-rich, and can be made in just 30 minutes.
These easy vegan chocolate brownies are made without any milk, cream, or butter. Instead, they use substitutes for these ingredients, such as plant-based milk, oil, and dairy-free chocolate.
Dairy-free and vegan brownie recipes can be just as delicious as conventional desserts and can be made in the same way. The only difference is the ingredients that you use, and can be just as chocolate-rich as traditional recipes.
These brownies are a delicious and indulgent treat that can be enjoyed on their own or with a side. Here are the best foods to serve alongside them:.
- Dairy-Free Ice Cream: One of the best things to serve with any chocolate dessert is dairy-free ice cream. The two make a delicious and indulgent dessert, and cold ice cream pairs swimmingly with a nice warm brownie.
- Vegan Whipped Cream: Dairy-free cream is a great choice if you want a lighter topping option to serve with your brownies. Light and airy, it makes it a great contrast to the dense texture of the cake-like dessert.
- Fruit: This can be fresh fruit, such as berries, or canned fruit, such as pie filling. The tartness of the fruit will offset the sweetness of the brownies, and the two make a great combination.
Vegan Chocolate Brownies
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Next, line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour the ground flaxseed into a bowl. Add the water and stir well, until fully incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator. Let the mixture thicken for 15 minutes. Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and stir well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, mix coconut oil, vanilla extract, and flaxseed mixture
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined
- Add the flour and almond milk and mix until the batter is smooth
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Allow your dairy-free brownies to cool completely before cutting them into squares
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can swap coconut oil for other types of vegetable oil, like canola oil
- You can swap almond milk for other non-dairy milk, such as coconut milk
- If you want to make these brownies extra indulgent, add dairy-free chocolate chips or dairy-free frosting