These incredible no-bake marshmallow Oreo bars are easy-to-make and full of chewy marshmallow and chocolate goodness. This dessert is quick and easy, and the best way to use up your leftover Oreo cookies.
Need something quick for your next bake sale? Or after something to bake with the kids? This no-bake chewy Oreo bar recipe is exactly what you’re looking for.
If you scan the recipe and jump at the sight of an entire pack of Oreos in this recipe (that’s somewhere in the region of 40 cookies), don’t worry – this recipes will give you about 12-16 bars. Plus the marshmallow-like bars this recipe mixture yields are more than worth it.
These bars take all of about 15 minutes to throw together, so they’re great for making with children… or if you’re like me and just want something sweet and almost instant.
These bars are more than just crumbled up Oreo though. They feature cream cheese, which gives it a beautiful cheesecake-like flavor. I had never previously been convinced about mixing the two ingredients together, but this recipe has now sold me on to the idea. You will need to prepare it, so make sure you know how to soften cream cheese while keeping it cool.
While other cookie or biscuits are available, Oreo just seem to have their own distinct flavor, which is why I’ve named them specifically in this post. If you can find something that is close in texture and taste then by all means go for it!
If you like these, then I strongly recommend trying out my oatmeal carmelitas recipe. The approach to making them is really similar, and the oatmeal gives them a unique texture and works brilliantly in tandem with the chocolate.
Otherwise, be sure to let me know what you think of this recipe. If you have an alternative cookie you prefer to use, or little tweaks you’ve found that improve it, then leave a comment below!
No-Bake Marshmallow Oreo Bars
- 1 pack Oreo cookies 16 oz
- 4 tbsp soft butter
- 5 cups marshmallows
- Place the entire pack of Oreos in a food processor and pulse until ground into crumbs.
- Put the butter and marshmallows in a large microwave-friendly bowl. Put in the microwave and heat on high for 1-2 minutes, or until puffy.
- Marshmallows can set very quickly once microwaved, so promptly add the blended cookie crumbs. Combine thoroughly. If the mix hardens quickly then add a tablespoon of water to help soften it up a bit.
- Line a 9×9 inch square pan with parchment paper and a little bit of butter. Transfer the Oreo and marshmallow mixture from the bowl to the pan. Press in thoroughly with a spatula to help spread the mix evenly over the parchment paper, and work it into the corners of the pan.
- Leave to set for 10-15 minutes. Remove bars from pan and cut into desired number of pieces.
- Either serve up immediately or set in the fridge until needed.