This chocolate tiramisu recipe is an easy coffee-flavored dessert that only takes ten minutes to put together. Served in jars, this miniature take on the classic dessert is a great way to use leftover cake or mascarpone.
Any budding cook needs at least one easy dessert recipe to really hang their hat on, and while I generally try to stay away from cooking things that I can’t trust myself to not devour within seconds, this easy chocolate tiramisu recipe is just too good not to share.
A lot of cooking purists might tell me off for what I’m about to say, but unlike a lot of other recipes, it can be made with single cream instead of double, giving you a (slightly) healthier take on it. The flavor will still be amazing.
On top of that, if your chocolate cake contains gluten-free flour then it makes for a brilliant gluten-free version of tiramisu.
I have a real thing for coffee-flavored desserts but have an aversion to anything that takes longer than 20-30 minutes to put together. So this just ticks all the boxes for a lazy cook like myself.
It’s topped off with chocolate cake and cocoa. As an added bonus, it’s egg and alcohol-free, so will hopefully widen your potential audience among some of your friends with more specific dietary requirements.
I use a set of small 140ml/4.7 oz jars for serving these little desserts. These aren’t always easy to get but I found a set on Amazon here.
Easy Chocolate Tiramisu in Jars
- 1 cup cooled coffee
- leftover or store-bought chocolate cake
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Whisk heavy cream and mascarpone cheese in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Add icing sugar gradually while whipping followed by ⅔ cup of coffee and vanilla extract. Whisk together until you achieve a soft peak.
- Seal the bowl with plastic wrap and place move to refrigerator.
- Layer the base of your jars with crumbled chocolate cake. Press the cake into the base of the jars with a spoon. Drizzle the remaining ⅓ cup of coffee onto the cake.
- Top a generous serving of the cream, mascarpone and coffee mix over the cake.
- Dust your tiramisu jars with cocoa powder and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.