Easy chicken cauliflower fried rice in just 30 minutes. Perfect for dinner or meal prep for the week ahead, this keto-friendly recipe is a healthy way to enjoy this pan-fried classic.
This chicken cauliflower fried rice is a healthy spin on the Chinese classic, swapping out long-grain white rice for diced cauliflower florets. Using either homemade cauliflower rice or store-bought versions, this healthier twist is lower in carbs and sugar without compromising on flavor.
Whether you want a fuss-free skillet dinner or something you can make in batch for the week ahead, this is an easy dish that anyone can rustle up when short on time.
From cauliflower rice tips to serving ideas, here’s how to make chicken cauliflower rice from scratch.
How to Make Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
This healthy spin on chicken fried rice couldn’t be easier to make. Check out our full recipe at the bottom of this page, but these are the main steps:
- Pan-fry the cubed chicken breast until cooked through
- Blitz the dried cauliflower florets in your food processor until they resemble grains of rice
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger until soft. Add the rest of the vegetables and cook until tender.
- Add the cauliflower rice, cooking until soft
- Beat the eggs and pour the mixture into the pan, allowing the mix to set before combining it with the rest of the fried rice
- Add the cooked chicken pieces and fry over high heat
- Serve and enjoy right away!
Get the most of this easy cauliflower fried rice recipe with these quick tips:
- Don’t have a food processor? Use a the medium hole-side of a box grater to grate the cauliflower head into small rice-size pieces.
- Press the cauliflower rice before cooking. After blitzing your florets, transfer the rice to a paper towel and press with a heavy plate or book for 5-10 minutes. This will help drain any excess moisture, reducing the chance of your fried rice turning mushy.
- Add sauce gradually. While cauliflower rice can be bland, it also doesn’t absorb sauce as effectively as grains. If you go overboard with soy or fish sauce, it will pool around the rice. Instead, add sauce gradually to coat the fried cauliflower.
Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
- food processor (with grater blade insert)
- cast iron skillet
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts boneless & skinless; cubed
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup green peas frozen
- 1 green onion
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add cubed chicken pieces and fry until cooked through, turning halfway. About 5-10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and remove chicken from the skillet. Transfer to bowl or chopping board.
- Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor and process until the cauliflower is chopped into rice-sized pieces
- Add more oil to skillet and add the chopped onion, grated ginger and minced garlic, sautéing for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the red bell pepper, green beans, and green onion. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice and cook until soft
- While the cauliflower rice cooks, beat the eggs in a medium-sized bowl. Beat well.
- Move the cauliflower rice to one side of the skillet, and gently pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Allow the eggs to start to set for 1-2 minutes before stirring into the rest of the rice mixture.
- Add the cooked chicken pieces and fish sauce into mixture, and stir to combine
- Fry for 1-2 minutes before serving