Need the right bit of cookware to go with your electric stove? From non-stick cookware to stainless steel must-haves, here are 6 of the best electric stove woks to take your cooking to the next level.
Electric stoves have made kitchen cooking much easier, improving how quickly you can fire up your cooker. The downside is finding a wok that can be used on them. Electric stoves aren’t made for traditional woks. They’re designed with flat-bottomed pans in mind and the heating elements are usually too far apart to get a good stir fry going in a round-bottomed pan.
There are many woks on the market that claim to be compatible with electric stoves, but they don’t always work.
The best electric stove woks typically have an aluminum or steel body with a handle and coil ring heating element, allowing them to be heated up quickly and efficiently.
If you’re looking for a great wok for your kitchen’s electric stove, check out our guide below! We’ve tested 6 of the top rated models and found that these were some of the best available. Our list includes information about each model, as well as what we liked and disliked about them so you can make an informed decision when buying one.
A wok is a must-have in the kitchen if you want to bring that authentic Chinese favor in your dishes. This wok has a large 14-size which allows you to cook scrumptious family meals and hands down the best wok for electric stoves in the market.
The wok is made with solid iron that retains the heat to perfection and distributes it evenly. It has been pre-seasoned with 100% vegetable oil to ensure top-notch flavor and it only gets better with each use. The fun thing about wok is that they require a lot less oil than traditional fryers. Whether you want to cook stir-fried veggies or cook your favorite comfort soup, this one has got you covered.
The flat bottom design makes it a perfect choice for electric stoves, gas stoves, and even induction cooktops. It’s made with high-quality cast iron that will remain brutally tough even after rugged usage for decades.
- Suitable for cooking large family meals
- Excellent quality and highly durable
- Retains and evenly distributes the heat
- Pre-seasoned with vegetable oil
- A flat base design for easier handling
- Doesn’t come with a lid
- One Lodge Pre-Seasoned 14 Inch Cast Iron Wok
- Large handles and flat base for easier handling
- Unparalleled heat retention and even heating
Cuisinart 726-38H Chef’s Classic Stir-Fry Pan
The Cuisinart 726-38H Chef’s Classic Stir-Fry Pan has a mirror-finish that gives it a classy and aesthetic look. It has an aluminum construction that heats up quickly and evenly distributes the heat throughout the pan. Also, the stainless-steel surface retains its color and doesn’t react with food or alter its flavors.
The wok has a large 14-inch design so that you can cook delicious meals for the entire family. It comes with a lock-in lid that seals in the moisture for a healthier and tastier result. The stay-cool riveted handles will provide you extra-grip while sauteing or stirring the food.
It’s suitable for electric stove, gas stove, and oven safe up to 550° F. Since it’s aluminum cookware, it’s not recommended for induction cooktops. You can wash it both with a dishwasher and handwash. However, woks tend to last longer when they’re hand-washed.
- Large family size design
- Suitable for electric and gas stove
- Outstanding heat retention
- Comes with a protective lid
- Stay-cool handles for better grip
- Not suitable for induction cooktop
- 14-inch stir-fry pan made of stainless steel with encapsulated aluminum core;Stay-cool riveted...
- Kindly refer to User Manual Page No 2 for the troubleshooting steps.
- See-through glass cover with loop handle and stainless-steel rim.
Swift Spice Heavy Gauge Carbon Steel Wok
Carbon steel is one of the most traditional materials for woks. It needs to be dried quickly and seasoned with oil to prevent it from rusting. The Swift Spice Heavy Gauge Carbon Steel Wok is constructed with 2mm carbon steel that can withstand a massive amount of heat.
It has a flat base that makes it suitable for electric, gas, induction, and ceramic stoves. It has a 14-inch dimension that can easily accommodate a large meal for 6-8 people. It doesn’t have a non-stick coating; however, you’ll not face any issues with the food sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Carbon steel woks are not recommended for handwashing. So, if you prefer tossing the dishes to the dishwasher then you should give this one a pass. However, in terms of durability, this one absolutely impeccable and it’ll last you for decades with proper care.
- Made with highly durable carbon steel
- Flat base design
- Suitable for cooking a large meal
- Stay-cool handle
- Can be hand washed only
- Manufactured from 1.8mm Carbon Steel for the serious Asian Cook
- Carbon Steel is the ideal material for Woks as it can withstand very high temperatures
- Manufactured with a flat base for use on the modern cooker
Calphalon Contemporary Stainless-Steel
Calphalon boasts quality that has been unmatched for decades. This wok has a two-layers of stainless-steel construction with a heavy-gauge aluminum core in the middle. It has an excellent heat retention rate throughout the cooking process.
The aluminum core ensures superior conductivity that plays a vital role in the browning and equal heat distribution. Thanks to the non-porous stainless steel cooking surface, you can use all kinds of utensils with this wok. It features long stay-cool stainless-steel handles as well.
It has a flat bottom design that makes it an ideal choice for different cooking surfaces and it’s one of the best woks for electric stoves. It comes with a clear tempered glass lid that effectively locks in the flavor and lets you have a good look at the food. The wok is dishwasher safe and includes Calphalon’s exclusive lifetime warranty
- Stylish and durable design
- Aluminum core even heat distribution
- Oven and broiler safe design
- Stainless-steel exterior
- Not pre-seasoned
- A heavy-gauge aluminum core is sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel by means of...
- Aluminum core provides superior conductivity and even heating for excellent browning and control of...
- Clear tempered-glass lids let you see food while it's cooking and are oven safe, so you can finish...
Helen’s Asian Kitchen Wok
We have got another amazing carbon steel wok for that traditional Chinese flavor. From frying, braising, sauteing, to steaming, you can do it all with the Helen’s Asian Kitchen Wok. It’s constructed with 1.8mm carbon steel that only requires you to use little oil to make a quick, healthy, and scrumptious meal.
Carbon steel is highly conductive and spreads the heat evenly across the wok. It comes with a 2-tone heat-resistant bamboo handle with riveted design. It has a flat bottom design that sits effortlessly on any stovetop. Be it electric, induction, or a gas stove, this wok is suitable for them all.
You need to keep one thing in mind for carbon steel wok is that you need to keep seasoned after every wash to prevent rusting. Don’t worry, you’ll get an instruction manual with this wok to help you with the maintenance process.
- Large size
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturer’s defect
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Heat resistant bamboo handles
- Requires a lot of maintenance
- Helen’s Asian Kitchen Carbon Steel Wok for stir frying, stewing, sauteing, steaming, braising,...
- Made from 1. 8-millimeter carbon steel with 2-tone heat-resistant bamboo handle and helper handle;...
- Carbon steel distributes heat quickly so foods cook evenly; cooking surface collects a natural...
T-fal Jumbo Wok
Your quest for finding the best wok for an electric stove hopefully ends here as it doesn’t get any better than this. The T-fal Jumbo Wok comes at a super budget-friendly price and it’ll surely not make a dent in your wallet. It’s incredibly durable, on top of that, you’ll get a limited lifetime warranty with the product.
It lives up to its name and it has a huge size with a 14-inch diameter. The large capacity makes it a great fit for making family-size meals. It has a non-stick surface that ensures no food gets stuck on the pan. Even the most stubborn ingredient like thinly sliced onion garlic or veggies will slide right off without any struggle.
The wok is made with the finest quality aluminum for fast and even heat distribution. It can be used on electric and gas cooking stove without deteriorating the quality. It’s completely dishwasher safe, however, we recommend hand washing for a longer life cycle.
- Large capacity
- Aluminum construction
- Oven safe up to 350 ° F
- Evenly distributes the heat
- Easy cleaning process
- Not recommended for induction cooktop
- Large capacity for cooking family size meals
- Superior nonstick interior and exterior make it easy to cook and clean; Healthy cooking results with...
- Aluminum construction for fast and even heat distribution